Every month we will highlight a new student and share their soccer story. Meet the April 2017 Student of the Month, Karleen!
1. Name: Karleen Swanlund
2. Which DCSS class do you attend? Beginner Adult Class on Wednesday nights
3. Position you like to play? I prefer mid-field because I like to run and I’m better at passing the ball than shooting. Defense is ok too.
4. What got you into soccer? My daughter’s team manager started a mom’s rec team years ago and asked me to join.
5. What you like most about soccer? I love the pace of the game and watching both the physical and mental talents of the players.
6. Whats the most important thing you've learned through DCSS classes, or your favorite drill or class memory? I am just getting started with lessons on a regular basis and I already feel more comfortable with the ball. I never played as a kid so I’m missing a lot of the basics and the terms. Trying to look up and call out the numbers is still very challenging!