January Student of the Month!
DCSS is continuing it's newest feature into 2017--DCSS Student of the Month! Every month we will highlight a new student and share their soccer story. Meet Jen!
1. Name: Jennifer (Jen) Dann-Fenwick
2. Which DCSS class do you attend? Level 2
3. Position you like to play? Midfield
4. What got you into soccer? I do long distance running (10 mile and half marathon races) and initially decided to join my boyfriend's (Chris who also attends the DCSS lessons) recreational soccer team about 2 years ago because I thought it would be good cross training. I quickly fell in love with the sport and enjoyed all the friendships I've made through soccer.
5. What you like most about soccer? I like the team element of soccer. It's a great way, as an adult, to stay connected with and meet new people. I also love the thrill of the game and competition and the challenge if presents to push myself to train and improve. As a former college athlete (I rowed for about 5 years) I still enjoy the competitive aspect.
6. Whats the most important thing you've learned through DCSS classes, or your favorite drill or class memory? My favorite drill is the tick tac toe drill where you kick the ball to your team mate in a tick tac toe grid and they have to stop it in the square where your team wants to place the ball.