January Student of the Month!
DCSS is continuing it's newest feature into 2017! Every month we will highlight a new student and share their soccer story. Next up is Charles!
1. Name: Charles Molluzzo
2. Which DCSS class do you attend? Level 2 and Advanced.
3. Position you like to play? Defense or midfield, on the wing
4. What got you into soccer? As a child, I never played or watched soccer, and I actually thought it was really boring. My wife played soccer through high school and remained an avid fan, so when I met her, she slowly exposed me to soccer. It took watching several World Cups, and many Real Madrid games over the course of a decade for me to really become interested in the game, learn about it, and to appreciate the little things that make it wonderful. Sometime in 2015, I remember getting an itch to start playing soccer and when a bunch of coworkers decided to do a rec league that summer, I joined. My foot had never touched a soccer ball before then.
5. What do you like most about soccer? I take great joy in just being out on the field and focusing solely on the game. It is a great break and workout. As for the game itself, I love so many aspects: the beauty of stringing together passes or a great through ball, the rush that comes with making a good defensive stop, and the thinking side of the game.
6. What's the most important thing you've learned through DCSS classes, or your favorite drill or class memory? The shooting drills have really helped me. I also love Brazilian work circles because they pack so much practice into such a short time, and they allow me to hone skills that are otherwise difficult for me to practice.