1. Name: Linda T.
2. Which DCSS class do you attend? Level 1 Beginner
3. Position you like to play? Defense
4. What got you into soccer? My friend convinced me to join her on a DC recreational women's soccer league two seasons ago. I remember telling her that I didn't know anything about soccer. She promised to teach me the basic skills and even how to pick out my shin guards before the season started. Of course, my friend never did any of these things. I ended up reading up on the offside rule during halftime from a children's book another player happened to have on her. Despite this "rough" beginning, I thoroughly enjoyed the first game, and I've been playing ever since.
5. What you like most about soccer? I love that soccer is a team sport. There are many moving pieces but when everyone works together and communicates, the end result is almost always positive.
6. Whats the most important thing you've learned through DCSS classes, or your favorite drill or class memory? If my answer to #4 did not already make it so obvious, I have a lot of learning to do regarding soccer. Everything I've learned thus far has been extremely helpful! I couldn't even dribble prior to these classes!