Adult Soccer Tournaments in DC
DC Soccer Sessions holds small-sided, either 3v3 or 4v4 tournaments, for both co-ed and women's-only groups at a casual, or Level 1 Beginner, and competitive, or Level 2 Intermediate, brackets.
We hold traditional tournaments as well as teaching tournaments where there is a short clinic beforehand follow by a fun and casual opportunity for small-sided play. Each tournament has a social event, such as a happy hour, tournament party, or DC United game/tailgate, associated with it. Check out the info below or visit our upcoming events page for information on the next tournament event!
Up Next...This tournament is cancelled as we did not get enough teams. Those who signed up will receive a refund, and have been emailed.
DCSS 2017 Winter Tournament!
Show off your soccer skills in this small-sided 3v3 co-ed tournament with two brackets: Level 1 - Beginner and Level 2 - Intermediate!
There are 4 team slots open in Level 1 and 4 team spots open in Level 2. Each team must have a minimum of 3 registered players, and at least one player on the field must be a girl. You don't need to have more than 3 players, but you are welcome to add up to 5 players on each team in case you would like subs. However, we recommend having at least 1 sub as 3v3 is a high pace game!
By signing up, you are guaranteed three 15 minute games that will be played on half of our field with the pop-up goals. Each team will play each other once, then the 1st and 2nd place teams will battle for the title of 2017 DCSS Tournament Champs!
Sunday, December 3, 2017
Check in by 8:50 AM, first game starts at 9:00 AM
DCSS field, Amidon-Bowen Elementary School Field
401 I St SW, Washington, DC 20024
$15 if you register by November 30
$20 for registration between December 1-3
*Register online here! If you have a complete team, make sure you select the team option, your Level and write you team name in the box. If you are the Team Captain, please mark "Yes" under the Team Captain option--you will be the point of contact for your team! If registering as an individual, we will do our best to match you with a team. Please select the "Free Agent" option, your Level, and any other comments in the box.
* If the weather is expected to be bad, we will cancel the tournament by 7 PM the night before and look to reschedule for early December, weather permitting.
* Once the teams are solidified, we send emails to confirm the set up and provide further details close to the tournament. We will reach out to the Team Captains with details about jersey colors, but we also have pennies available.
*If we do not get enough sign ups by November 30, we will cancel the tournament and refund you. Spread the word and invite your friends to join you or join as an individual!
TOURNAMENT RULES –
1) Kick-ins only! Instead of throwing the ball in, teams will kick the ball in from where it went out.
2) Corners will be played. If ball goes out of end line off of a defensive player, a corner kick will be awarded. If the ball goes out of the end line off of an offensive player, the defensive team gets the ball they will kick in from where it went out.
3) Each team can sub as many times as they would like. You can only sub in when YOUR team has a kick in, and you must alert the ref.
4) No slide tackling.
5) Help the ref out! If you know the ball went out on your team let everyone know :)
6) Bring water and shin guard, shin guards are not required but highly recommended!
7) Play fairly, and have fun!!!
If you have any questions or issues please call 703-350-6939 or email DCSoccersessions@gmail.com.